A few weeks ago we were invited to the christening of the new baby daughter of some of our friends. We were delighted to be given a long stemmed rose each as we left the church. The flowers lasted well, so I made this small arrangement using some pine left over from my Tanabata arrangement.
My teacher set us an exercise of a horizontal arrangement using dried material as the principal subject. I found some dried branchlets from the huge flower stem of a 'blue' Agave americana. They look like antlers and I thought such visually strong material went well with the burnt orange lilies in this large black vase by Alistair Whyte that I also used on 22nd June.
Greetings from Christopher
20th July 2013