EARTH ANGEL

As I mentioned in the last couple of postings, last weekend, I participated in the first 'land art' outdoor exhibition held at the Gasworks Art Park * in Albert Park, Melbourne. The exhibition was titled 'From Nature' and the link above has multiple photos of the works from the event. Exhibitors were invited to select a site in which to create their work and assemble their sculpture a day or two before the exhibition.

       
Knowing the materials I had in my garage, I chose this paved area at the rear of the theatre building. Below, see the sculpture 'The Angel', in the gable of the wall, by the artist Sione Francis that was installed in 1992.


It was this sculpture that inspired me to create my own 'Earth Angel'.


With the assistance of my colleague Helen Quarrell, I made the sculpture using birch branches and palm spathes. Below are a series of photos I took while assembling the piece.














Three of my ikebana colleagues also participated in this exhibition and you can see their work by clicking on this link: Ikebana artists * , as well as some others exhibitors, at the Gasworks Art Park.

Greetings from Christopher
19th April 2015

 * click on the blue text for further information

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting to picture of the process of your arrangement. I enjoyed seeing the progression of your creation. The photo of its shadow is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete