Coralie arranged Jonquils Narcissus jonquilla from her garden in a naturalistic style, adding small shield-shaped leaves at their base. The Narcissus were set in two groups with a space between and the narrow suiban oriented away from the viewer to provide depth.
Kerryn arranged her materials in a contemporary style using reeds to create three large triangular shapes with a small bunch of cut-off reeds radiating upward. Her Narcissus were set to create an elevated curving line of flowers.
Pamela arranged her Narcissus rising up through a horizontal mass of dark, Broad hop bush leaves Dodonaea viscosa.
In my Geelong class...
Ellie created a mass using a variety of Narcissus flowers which were set between two large bare branches with lichen, that were set in a spherical vessel.
My ikebana was made for the Victorian Sogetsu Branch workshop that was held last Monday. It is a re-working of an arrangement I made early last year. The theme of the workshop was to make an ikebana "Expressing a movement". I cut a number of stems from the Umbrella grass I have growing in a large tub in the conservatory. The colour of the stems varied from green through yellow to a dry brown, and they were cut to different lengths. The stems are arranged radially in an asymmetric design set in a tapering white vase. I then have added bright red Carnations in the centre of the design, most of which were still in bud. The movement I was wanting to capture was the 'exploding' movement of fireworks in the night sky.
The vessel is by the Victorian ceramic artist Arnaud Barraud
2nd August 2026







No comments:
Post a Comment